Optical three-dimensional scanning
Fast and accurate digitization of surfaces by optical means is a hard problem. There are several issues in both the optical arrangement and the data processing algorithms. In this project, we address several questions such as how many cameras and projectors should be used? In what position should they be placed? What is the most appropriate way to establish point correspondences? How to perform real-time sensing without diminishing accuracy? How to calibrate the system?
The following list summarizes some results of our research in this project. Read more.
- Pinhole cameras, homographies, and calibration.
- Point correspondences by gratings.
- Calibration of lens distortion.
- Calibration of gamma distortion.
- Phase demodulation algorithms useful for fringe-projection profilometry.