Rigoberto Juarez-Salazar studied at the Instituto Tecnológico Superior de Zacapoaxtla where he obtained the degree of Mechatronics Engineering in 2009. In the same year, he began his postgraduate studies at the Facultad de Ciencias Físico-Matemáticas of the Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla. In 2011 he obtained the degree of Master of Science (Applied Physics) by the defense of his thesis developed in the field of Dynamic Systems and Control. In 2014 he obtained the Ph.D. degree by the defense of his thesis developed in the field of Interferometry and Optical Metrology. In 2015 he held a postdoctoral research at the Instituto de Física of the Universidad Tecnológica de la Mixteca where he developed a project for evaluation of telescope mirrors.
Currently, R. Juarez-Salazar is a professor of the program Cátedras Conacyt at the Center for Research and Development of Digital Technology, Instituto Politécnico Nacional. His work is developed in the research line Modern Technologies of Image and Telecommunications.
- Appreciation for serving as a reviewer for Optical Engineering, 2019.
- Appreciation for serving as a reviewer for Optical Engineering, 2018.
- National Researcher Level 1 (SNI-1, Conacyt), 2018-2020.
- Appreciation for serving as a reviewer for Optical Engineering, 2017.
- 2017 OSA Outstanding Reviewer Recognition.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Optics, 2016.
- Candidate to National Researcher (SNI-C, Conacyt), 2015-2017.
- Doctor of Sciences in Applied Physics Cum Laude, 2014.
- Master of Sciences in Applied Physics Ad Honorem, 2011.
- Best Bachelor Graduate in Mechatronics Engineering, 2009.